Wednesday, July 30, 2008

[ XP Embedded ] Feature Pack 2007 Database Installation Problem! - SOLVED

Lately, I was moving my XPE development to my new laptop with Windows XP OS. So first, I installed SP1(Service Pack 1) then SP2 then SP1 MUI(Multilingual support) and SP2 MUI. Lastly I when I was installing Feature Pack 2007, the Database update would always fail. A pop-up warning saying "A new platform object needs to be installed before this update ........ " will appear and installation will stop. This kept me going round in circles in installing and uninstalling the Service Packs for almost 3 days. Finally, I realize that I have not modified the Sharing property of the Repository Folder. The Repository folder (C:\Windows Embedded Data\Repositories) after installing SP1 should be modified such that it will allow change for the update to reflect. Here's how to do it:

1. Right Click on Repository folder.
2. Go to Sharing->Permission.
3. Make sure you enable (tick) on "Change" under permission.
4, Then go to Security tab >Advance.
5. Tick on "Replace Permission .... "
6. Apply All changes.
7. Re-install SP2 Database.
8. Install Feature Pack 2007 database.

This should fix it.

No comments: